It’s almost like asking someone if they like chocolate cake. Some people love it. Some people don’t. And some just say, “Eh.”
Reasons I joined Twitter:
- Curiosity – (I had to see what all the fuss was about.)
- I’d rather learn it and develop followers as an unpublished writer.
- Follow agents and get a feel for their personality. (Research baby.)
- Connect with other writers.
- To tweet about contest and get more points.
I went into it the same way I did blogging. I had good reasons.
Why I’m glad I joined Twitter:
- It’s been so cool to connect with blogging friends. Blogging is like waving from across a crowded room. Twitter is like having coffee by the pool early in the morning.
- It’s been great to encourage other writers and promote other writers.
- It’s been fun experimenting with voice and humor.
- It hasn’t been a time suck. I check in. Read. Post. And leave.
- I’ve run across great retweeted blog posts.
Do I understand everything about Twitter? Heck no. I finally understand hashtags. I know how to block spammers. Baby steps.
My biggest frustration: For the life of me, I can’t figure out how to get a twitter button to show up on my sidebar. (But that dips into my blog deficiencies and this is about Twitter.)
Final words: Social media comes second. Writing a fantastic book comes first!
What are your hesitations or frustrations about Twitter?