- I’ve got plenty of time until Friday. But it’s becoming a little more real that I’ll be talking to an agent and an editor about my work. **breathes in and out** **Kind of like Lamaze for writing conferences**
- I should probably make a list of all the things I need to do so I’m not freaking out Friday morning, trying to get everything done.
- Puts head down, into the wind, to get revisions done. Forget the list.
- I’m really glad for The Twitter Game because it’s making me laugh. And I need to laugh. Maybe I’ll go back and reread it tomorrow. Just to make sure I didn’t follow any of those #badquerytips like writing my query letter in pig latin by accident. Or who knows? Maybe if I squeeze some pig latin into my manuscript, the agents would think that approach is creative. And I’ll be one of those lucky ones to break the rules and get away with it.
- I glance at my closet with clothes that need to be weeded out, wondering what I’m going to wear over three days. I have a couple good outfits that will make me feel cool. Okay. Not really. But should I go for just me? Or try to look artsy and more like a writer? You know the type, right? **puts it off ’till later**
- Starts to panic about clothing a little bit. I ask my daughter if I can borrow her white lace headband that looks good on her. Not sure how it will work on me.
- I make my kids laugh and convince myself that my humorous YA might be a little bit funny.
- Feels a little bit guilty about leaving for the weekend #notreally so I scrub the toilet. I receive an epiphany. Who cares about the agent and editor – that’s not why I’m going. I get to celebrate with my crit partners about Kris signing with an agent. And we get to talk shop for three days! Woo hoo!
- In the back of my mind though I’m wondering how many more times I should practice my pitch. Just in case.
- Trying to ignore my stomachache caused by either missing lunch or stress of getting everything done this week.
- I’m being a crab to the kids and I blame either the upcoming conference, missed lunch, or the fact that my kids have sports, games, or a concert every night this week. When will they eat dinner?
- I finished any revising on my story for the week last night. No more. Because I actually do have to bring clothes and a toothbrush to NESCBWI. And in a few minutes I have to lead a reading group at my son’s school. #notprepared #maybetheycangivemeclothingadvice #ortellmeifmydaughter’sheadbandmakesmelooksilly
- My mind wanders away from the conference as I think about the awesome opportunities that e-publishing offers writers. Hey, if published/agented writers can call self publishing – e-publishing, then so can’t all writers.
- I think about all the hard work that it takes to successfully e-publish or any kind of publishing.
- I have tomorrow to pack. That’s it. I’ve put off opening the doors to my closet all week. Flirting with Twitter won’t get it done.
- Eek! Can’t wait. #talkingabouttheconference #notaboutpacking
- Finished last chapter crit for friends.
- Marveling at the fact that the grass is finally a brilliant green. #latespring
- I’m about to walk the long mile up to my closet to pack. #prayforme
- Phew. Done. Packed for the most part. #ididit
- Wow. I leave tomorrow. I’m ignoring the excitement fluttering in my stomach.
- And in case you were wondering – my kids did get fed all week. #miracleshappen
- I’m blog hopping for a bit.
- Finishing up packing.
- And I’m leaving! See you Monday!