I’ve seen lots of posts on branding. Everything from it’s a must to just be yourself. I’ve seen many different ways to go about it, the strict brands of paranormal romance, horror, classic middle grade, dystopian; to it being more about great writing.
Here are five questions swirling around in the gray matter of my brain. Pick one and answer in the comments.
1. Do you believe a writer can create a true brand before they even have a book or two out? Do you think about brand before you start a story?
2. Do you think brand equals genre you write in?
3. How many of you find the idea of a brand a bit constricting? Or do you not worry about it at all?
4. Have you ever been upset with an author that wrote a different story from what you were expecting? And did you get over it?
5. Do you think creating a brand is a make or break thing for a writer? Do you think an author can brand their career to a certain death when the trends change?
Share your thoughts. Curious minds want to know.