Okay, Lisa Gail Green said she wanted to know more about me when she so kindly passed on a blog award to me. So here goes.
1. No matter what anyone says Papa Ginos is the best pizza eva! My sister and I (in high school) could easily down a large in minutes. Yum. And to this day, my love for that pizza is probably more nostalgic than anything. #pizzafactsarefun
2. During high school, my family went through some financial trouble and within several years we lived in several different houses. My older sister bore the brunt of that while I remained kinda clueless. #oldersistersrock #steakumsfordinnermeansyouain’trich
3. When I listen to stories of my dad’s childhood and some of the neglect he endured, I realize my complaints about my parents weren’t that big of a deal. #itcanalwaysbeworse #myparentslovemeandthatswhatcounts
4. My husband would love to go back to the days of the western frontier and build his own house and live off the land. #Iwouldnothavefollowedhim
5. I am an extremely loyal friend until it turns into anything that resembles co-dependency. #don’tleavemuffinsinthebackseatofmycar #I’vebeenburned
6. My best friend and I once body surfed in these gigantic waves on the New Jersey sea coast. The riptide was also incredibly strong so riding in one wave brought us about 100 yards down the coast. Riding one wave in, we saw the wooden pilings but couldn’t stop. We screamed, “the pilings” then went under with the wave and seriously thought we would die. #neversoscaredinmylifeunlessthere’sahornetaround
7. I loved the Black Stallion books so much I took horseback riding lessons for several years. Though when all I did at the first lesson was ride in a circle with someone leading the horse, I knew it would be a while until my arms flapped in the breeze while I rode bareback in the sand. #reallifeisdifferentthanfiction
8. I’ve been experiencing a strange desire to scatter hashtags throughout my manuscript. #Icrackmyselfup #doesn’tmeanI’mfunny
So, there you go folks. And now it’s time to pass on some beautiful, stylistic, sweet bloggy awards.
To Katie at Creepy Query Girl and Karen at Musings of a Novelista the Beautiful Blogger award.
To Anna Staniszewski, and Susan at Ink Spells the Stylish Blogger award.
To Abby Annis, and Marisa at Elegant Bloggery the Sweet Blog award.
Thanks and hugs to all my awesome blogger friends out there! Have a great weekend! #Icanuseexclamationpointsinmyblogposts #sothere
Okay, your turn to share a factoid along with a hashtag! Have at it.
Laura, these are cute! Congrats on the awards and to the winners. I guess this early in the morning, my hashtag would be: #Iyawnedandatemywords
Enjoy your weekend.
It might not work in a novel, but these hashtags rock this post!
Sheri – Thanks!
Matthew – I guess hashtags is humor and I don’t like taking myself too seriously (just my writing) so on twitter that’s a way to show my snark. 🙂
I don’t know. Didn’t someone (Myrcle, I think) write a book in texts? Maybe you could write the first hashtag book.
Love the frontier husband story, esp. your hashtag there.
Congrats on your awards. I love the hashtags. I think mine would say
You are hysterical. And so deserving of accolades! I totally LOVED the Black Stallion books AND Papa Gino’s is my favorite pizza of all time. #IKnewThereWereReasonsWeGotAlongSoWell.
Have a great day!
Congrats on the awards. I’ve long since given up passing them on. I got lazy and they kept piling up. It’s just not the same when you pass on ten awards. Too many blogs to check out.
#4 and 7 made me laugh. I rode horses for years and never got to do the beach scene, either. 😉
Love the hashmarks. 😀
Stina – No, I understand. As it is I wait way too long. But Lisa kinda prompted me Wed. with her comment.
Kris – I wonder if I went back and read them if I’d love them just as much.
anne – Mine would always say need more caffeine right now!
I think of you every time I ride a wave. What age should we give up body surfing? 🙂
and the best friend makes an appearance – welcome Susan! At no age should we give it up unless the water is too cold!
Okay, I totally remember steakums. #guessi’mnotricheither.
Okay, so I am looking at my hashtag thing and it looks impossible to read.
That is why I’ll never be able to twitter. I can’t hashtag.
Love this. Very cute. Nice to know more about you and congrats on the awards.
My hashtag– #needsugartoperkmeuptowriteanewbeginningandhopeitwillwork
Enjoy the day and totally can relate on almost dying in the ocean at the Jersey shore. Oh and one more–#can’twaittillsummer
Have a great weekend!
I seriously occasionally serve steakumms! #especiallywhenhubbywaslaidofflastyear
Loved learning more about you!!!
Also, Jon and I are using your Act 1-3 outline to outline the middle grade we are writing together. It is SO very helpful! Thank yoU!!!!!!
Beautiful post, Paula. Amazing how a few years of life experience impacts how we view our childhood.
awe, thanks Laura! I loved learning more about you and I loved your twitter tags! Too funny!
Love #4, especially the hash tag 🙂
Too funny, Laura!
I don’t know about steakums.
Enjoy your weekend!
I feel so special now!!! That doesn’t count as co-dependency does it??? #alsoaddictedtohashtags
Thanks for sharing with us! 😀
Hey, thanks for the award! #andyesyouarefunny
I love the tidbits! It took me a long time to understand the depth of #3, but once I did (as an adult), it made me realize how incredibly fortunate my kids were to have parents that didn’t suffer the way my parents did. It was a gift that my parents gave my children before they were born, and I will never forget it.
On to random bits…
We did a lot of camping when I was a kid, traveling 8 hours to camp in the majestic Yosemite National Park. We ate Spam, stayed in motel 6’s when we splurged, and played in the river until our feet were numb (glacier water, people). #noideaweweren’trich
I can totally relate to your Black Stallion love. Steakums? Not so much. #hashtagclueless
omg omg—LOLing!!! The hashtags were the best, I have to confess… btw your husband’s dream, and the pilings story and the Black Stallion… coffee through the nose.
Congrats, you stylish dahling~ :o) <3
You’re hashtags are so funny! I don’t think I can be as clever. I did once almost crash roller blading, a similar experience to your surfing one #it’snotfuntoalmostdie
Have a great weekend!
I love when I get to learn more about you. You’re awesome. I ate a lot of steak’ums in my youth. And my mom was a nutritionist! 😉
My first book series was Little House on the Prairie… I wanted to Laura… as a writer…not as childhood spent in the back of a wagon going cross country… although I did like her horses, Pat and hmmm can’t remember the other… okay I’m avoiding my writing… back to work!
Those hashtags were funny. #youareverywitty. LOL.
And as for Steakumms? I never want to eat ANY of those things again. Ate them a little too much growing up. Mom was always like “It’s STEAK Karen.” A Steak-Ugh is more like it now.
Have a great weekend. 🙂
I kind of want to know what a steakum is (Australian here), but another part of me is equally sure I really don’t.
#4 and #8 cracked me up! #Iwouldnothavefollowed him!
Uh oh, I am self conscious. I used two exclamation marks! Oh no, that’s three! Four! Help me I’m out of control!
Congrats on the awards! Congrats to the new winners too! 🙂
Where in Jersey did you surf? We used to live near Stone Harbor and Cape May.
Congrats to you and the others! Cute awards! And I LOVE me some twitter hashtags. #awesome
Okay everyone, you are totally cracking me up! I love all the hash tags. I was gone all day shopping #writersnightmare and came home to this awesome surprise! Thanks!
Those are hilarious hashtags!
Lets see… right now?
I’m so tired its not funny, just woke up on sofa next to my net book with edits open. #sotiredcanttweetstraight #Iwillfinishthisbook!
Ah, so great to learn more about you! Loving the hashtags. Congrats on your awards!
It’s a good thing that you met your husband when you did and not during the days of the western frontier…
Thanks, Laura, for your feedback on my opening. Thanks to all the great comments it’s hopefully even stronger. 😀
Steakums??? Mmmm… sounds delicious 😀 *off to google*
Thanks for the award, Laura!! I enjoyed this post! Memories of pizza and family definitely make it taste better (which is amazing since pizza is already just so delicious!)
Totally in New Jersey by the beach! Thinking of you.
How did I miss this? LOL. I came over here at to get a fabulous plot link and see you haz something for me.
Thanks for the award! 🙂
You know how much I loves your blog.