1. I’m flying to Colorado next week with my daughter to visit my parents’ old stomping grounds. And I’m slightly terrified. The plane ride will be long and I get airsick. #sonotfun In Colorado, which I hear is a humongous state, I might be driving on hairpin roads and I get carsick. #myvalidexcusetodrive Or we might have to drive hours to get anywhere. Will I be in a rental car, clinging to my barf bag the whole trip? #hopenot
2. With the two hour time difference I’m really not quite sure if my layover is close to two hours or more like ten minutes.
3. I’m kind of excited to use the word tennis shoe instead of sneakers. Is that what they call sneakers out there? And I’m hoping it truly is bright and sunny all the time, which Twitter has led me to believe. #twitterbetterberight
4. I’ll be happy to have my Kindle, which will be loaded with Imaginary Girls. I downloaded several samples of new releases and the opening of this story really drew me in. #openingsaremoreimportantthanever I also have Tremble, the second book of a terrific Indy series by Addison Moore. Ethereal was the first book. #lovedtheplottwists #youwilltoo I’ll have the paper back of Lemonade Mouth by Mark Peter Hughes, which my daughter loved! #thatsaysalot #she’saliterarysnob
5. I’ve read two books lately that I just absolutely loved. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly. Loved everything about it. Loved. Loved. Loved. And Okay For Now by Gary D. Schmidt, a more literary MG but incredibly written and full of emotion. (Okay, the title and cover aren’t that great but don’t let that fool you.)
On that note, dear friends, I must take leave of you for a couple weeks. I’ll be in Colorado. I wish you sunny weather, writing that flows like the rainwater down my street right now, and many sticky watermelon memories. I’ll catch up with everyone when I get back! Ciao (which for the longest time I thought was pronounced see-ow and now my friends make fun of me all the time.)
What are your plans for the summer? Read any good books lately?